Friday, March 5, 2010

Next couple of weeks....

Woman coming over later today to spend 10 days at the Jazzbo abode. I'm looking forward to it, needless to say. I enjoy the company.

Today's one of my "coffee with the boys" days, so she's meeting me at the store around 4:00 so we can do some grocery shopping. She'll stop in Bruceton on the way over and pick up a couple jugs of my favorite libation. I'll stock up on grapefruit juice today. Hold 'em tigers, boys!


I am now a member of the local VFW post. My brother (who's an officer out there) put my name up for membership last week and I was approved; that never would have happened had one enemy there not died some time ago.


The old dude hated me because I wrote about his son's DUI arrest, and then wrote about it again a year later when the son never had faced the charges in court--the "fix" had been put in by a local big shot, according to what the guy's wife told someone. My call to the assistant DA and article about the talk we had greased the skids and he received the regular mandatory sentence a week or so later. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.


As I told the DA, they put my ass in jail twice for it and nobody waited a year to do so. That "it fell through the cracks" shit didn't fly with me. It was stuffed through the cracks and then covered up. For a while, anyway.


I don't plan to spend a lot of time at the club. Too damned expensive for one thing -- I can buy a whole jug for what 4 or 5 drinks cost out there. But it's good to have an occasional place to get a mixed drink, and, with the exception of the country club, it's the only place in this part of the country where that's possible, short of Jackson.


AND, I'll only drink out there when I have a ride home. I've learned that lesson the hard way.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

McKenzie Banner headlines....Jim Chandler is the new Head Potentate of the VFW.

Jazz said...

Yeah, I've already been named Commander out there. At least, that's what somebody told me when I came back to consciousness. *heh