Monday, March 29, 2010

Changes

Woman left today around noon. I just figured up that she's been here 24 days this month, but what the hell, we had a good time. I'll be going over to her place either Friday or Saturday (probably Sat. morning) to spend the weekend and have Easter dinner Sunday. Nice ham, which is always good. That was her idea, since I normally don't celebrate Easter. But I'll eat a good baked ham anytime, holiday or not.

Got about half of my tomato garden spot spaded up this afternoon. Started turning up so many earthworms that I went and found my worm bucket. It used to be a gallon ice cream bucket, but it works well for keeping worms. Have to sprinkle a little cornmeal in occasionally, and a sprinkle or two of water when it gets too dry. Temp is going up near 80 the last 3 days of the week, so I may hit the fishing hole. I intend soon to get on revision of the vampire thing, but I can throw in a little fishing before that gets too serious.


Bought a new laptop since my last entry. I've been checking reviews and found this 17.3" Acer that seemed to be a good machine; I've had an Acer laptop for almost 4 years and never had a moment's trouble with it, it's just too small and underpowered for my current needs. The new one has lots of hard drive and RAM and a lot of bells and whistles. Built-in web cam and mic, wide high def screen (video looks fantastic on it), HD TV connection, Dolby sound system, card reader, Bluetooth, lots of USB ports. I no sooner had it out of the box and turned on until the wireless found my network router, so getting online was no problem. (I'm having a problem on my router firewall, however. Got Port 21 forwarded, but the son of a bitch won't let me FTP. I thought it was the domain provider's server blocking me, but I gave login info to a friend in a distant town and they were able to open my server on 21 with no problem. I'll get it figured out eventually.)


I don't like Windows 7 worth a shit, but I'll get used to it. Amazing how they left a mail program out of it, not to mention Movie Maker. But they do have enhanced security and a DVD burning program.


No comments: