Monday, March 22, 2010

Book done

Cold, rainy morning with talk of the possibility of a little white stuff. Crazy. It was in the 70s a couple of days ago, bright and sunny. I sat on the front porch enjoying a few Greyhounds in the good air. Now, soggy and miserable again, but the nice weather is alleged to be on its way back later this week.

Finished the murder book last Thursday. I'd originally planned to immediately leap on another project. Change of plans. I'll kick back a while before tackling something new. Not sure what it will be, but I've changed my mind about never again writing a nonfiction book. Have an idea for one in mind, but not ready to talk about it. Just a thought.

My lady friend is back. She left Tuesday morning and came back Thursday afternoon. Not sure how long she's staying this time, but it doesn't matter. We have a good time together and I enjoy the company. Had the best pot roast last night that I've ever made. . .or eaten. Browned it, put it in the pressure cooker for 25 minutes, then into the crockpot for about 4 hours, with a gravy made of mushroom soup, mushrooms and onions. You could cut it with a blunt fork. Throw a pile of that and mashed potatoes on bread, cover it with gravy and go south. And I did, long and hearty.

What the hell if I eat too much and get sick. We have socialized health care now, don't we? Well, almost. I'm sure an old guy like me can get a new heart on somebody's nickle if I need one, right?

Yeah, sure I can. What a bunch of shit. One funny thing: all those young flaming liberals who voted for Obummer will whimper and whine now when they're forced to buy insurance that, in most cases, they don't need. Poetic justice.

I suspect the real justice will come in November. These dudes have changed all the rules, apparently believing they were going to stay in power forever. They won't and they'll whine and cry when the same tactics are used against them in the future. And they will be, you can rest assured of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.