Tuesday, April 6, 2010

If it weren't for bad luck...

Got into the old ride yesterday to leave Camden and noticed that the small rock blip in the windshield had turned into a crack about 8 inches long. Dammit. I didn't see when it happened, but I suspect driving through a deep drain groove just inside the apartment complex driveway did the damage. Anyway, I eased through it coming out and managed to avoid most potholes on the way home, because another good rack of the frame might cause the whole damned thing to pop out.

Now, I'm debating whether I should go to a junkyard and try to find one and then fight the physical battle of trying to get the son of a bitch in and sealed good, or just hire a windshield outfit to come replace it; I think the latter would cost about $250 judging by some Google research. I could probably get a junkyard replacement for $50 or so.

I'm not going to do either one right at the moment. I stuck a piece of transparent Scotch packaging tape on the inside that will do for the time being. Course, the crack is long enough to be illegal, but it's real fine and not noticeable at all unless you're up close to it, so I don't think a passing cop would spot it.

Nice Easter weekend otherwise. I got hammered Saturday. Must have been a positive thing, because I didn't have a drop yesterday and don't plan on having one today.

When I get out on a sidewalk preaching to people I don't even know (or hell, KNOW for that matter), you gotta figure I've gone around the bend on the sauce. What the hell, had a great conversation with some black dude, who seemed to dig what I was laying down.

Jeez. Maybe I should change my name to Billy Graham Cracker. Start a TV ministry. Buy myself a Rolex and a Rolls Royce.

Nah.

No comments: