Friday, April 9, 2010

Getting close

Getting close to publishing the book Murder Along the Midnight Road (subtitle: The death of Dennis Brooks, Jr.). Going down this afternoon to go over final details on royalty, distribution, promotion, cover. From the looks of things (and if it sells like it might) I could wind up making a few bucks this time around. All I can say to that is, it's about time.

Been on the wagon since last Sunday, nary a drop of anything. I'd like to be able to report that I've seen some great benefit in the way I feel, but that's just not true; indeed, I felt physically better when I was drinking every day. And, making no great commitment to lay off the sauce permanently. Hell, I may have a drink before the day's over, if I decide I want one. But I just haven't wanted one lately. That is bound to change.

Beautiful day, with a week more of them in the forecast. This after an overnight low in the mid 30s. I still haven't gone fishing, but hopefully in the coming week can work in some time to dip a hook.

No company at the present time -- we decided to wait until next weekend, then she can come over and stay a while. She loves to fish (says she baits her own hook and takes her own fish off), so I may have a built-in fishing buddy.

We do talk on the phone every day. Sometimes twice. I'm somewhat torn between this love I have for solitude and the enjoyment I get from company of the opposite sex.

If push comes to shove, I'll probably take the company.

No comments: