Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Counting chickens...

Well, hell. We all recall that old "counting chicks before they hatch" thing. It's not a good practice--even if you think something is iron-clad. Sometimes, the trickster monkey gets in the works.

I'm talking about my done publishing deal. I thought it was a done deal. I was wrong obviously. Not going into reasons or whatever, but they deal just didn't fly like it was supposed to. But what the hell; the book will be published anyway, one way or the other. I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut until things are a fait accompli, eh.

The woman is still in the hospital, in Nashville. A problem with heart valves, which has been at least partially corrected. A problem with a doctor having one on too much medication, which is now being corrected. I'm not sure how much longer she'll be there, probably a week or two. I talk to her about every day, though I told her yesterday I was going to have to change that to every other simply because of expenses involved with such long distance shit. Sad fact of life.

Fucking lawn mower almost killed me a couple times since I last reported in. Saved by nitro and a plastic bag to breathe in. Panic city. My brother Edd was mowing it when I came in from store last Friday. Told me to keep my ass away from mower, to which I heartily agreed. No wind power left, none for any real physical exertion. It's a damned shame to get old and worn out, but it happens to all of us eventually.

What the hell, cool, gloomy weather. And more storms in the forecast for the upcoming weekend. Tornado season has been delayed somewhat this year. But it seems to be making up for it now.

No comments: