Saturday, February 6, 2010

Just stuff

Not a great deal to report. I did speak with one of the lawyers involved in the murder case I'm writing about, a defense attorney for one of the guys, but he couldn't clear up the problem I've run into. So, I suppose one day next week I'll head over to the courthouse and spend some hours pouring through transcripts. Not fun, but what the hell is nowadays.

Shitty weather. The inch of snow we might have gotten last night didn't materialize, but today is a cloudy, cold bitch. And, there's a possibility of more of the frozen stuff Sunday night into Monday. I realize climate and weather are two different things, but when I hear some of these assholes talking about global warming it generates the killer instinct. It had better happen before the damned natural gas company gets all my money.

Sitting here waiting to hear something from a friend about when another mutual friend's viewing and funeral is scheduled. He died of pneumonia yesterday afternoon, though he was in the hospital for cancer of the thyroid; been having throat problems for a couple years and it was just diagnosed a month or so ago. Not the kind of situation that builds much faith in the medical profession's diagnostic abilities.

What the hell, he'd had his feeding tube disconnected a few days ago and had requested that a green DNR bracelet be placed on his wrist. Had a trache to assist his breathing and couldn't talk, couldn't eat and had a couple months of such a nothing life left at best. I'm sure he was ready to check out.

Lady friend didn't get to come over as planned yesterday. Problems with boarding the dog. She's supposed to come Sunday afternoon for a couple days. We'll have some Mexican food and watch the Super Bowl.

And well, you know....

No comments: