Monday, October 26, 2009

Do it to it

Well, it's time to fish or cut bait. I've managed to delay the distasteful as long as possible. The company is gone. The house is as clean as it gets. That goddamn manuscript is resting in pieces on a hard drive and it's calling my name.

Jazzbo? Jazzbo? Where forth art thou, Jazzbo?

I'm right here, you son of a bitch.

It's time to get back to work, Jazzbo.

Screw you!

You've been saying that for a month and a half. You're running out of time, dummy.

Do I look like somebody that gives a rat's ass?

It's early, don't ask what you look like. And I haven't had my breakfast.

I've got a mirror, mamahumper.

That's unfortunate. Maybe you could avoid it?

Fuck you!

Don't you wish. Anyway, you should consider getting back to work.

Why should I?

It's what people do.

Why?

To become rich, famous and successful, of course. Don't you want to be all that?

No. I'd rather be poor, unknown and a failure.

Well, you can stop working then. You have met all your goals.

I'm glad we agree on something, that you see my point.

I couldn't avoid it . . . it's right there on top of your big jug head.

Get outta here, mother fucker!

I'm going, I'm going, don't get excited and start brandishing firearms!

Just go.

OK, but just don't blame me when you fail again.

I'm going to work dammit, just leave me alone. I'll get it done.

No shit?

No shit, Sherlock. I'm going right now, see?

Wow, you're really gonna open that file up and do something, eh?

You bet your ass I am.

Very well, I'll quit distracting you.

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Now shut the fuck up and get out of here.

Adios, amigo.

Stick that finger up again and I'll break it!

No comments: