Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In California

Made the flight out yesterday with no problem. The ride from Nashville to Minneapolis was a bit bumpy; those Embraer commuter jets don't feel real substantial in rough air and the skinny little wings flapped like they might break off at any time. The big Airbus from Minneapolis to San Diego kicked ass -- we arrived an hour ahead of schedule, so we had a substantial tailwind. I had to wait to be picked up because of the early arrival, but that proved no problem because I struck up a nice conversation while smoking out front with a neat little flight attendent from Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Needless to say, I did get my In-'N'-Out last night. We waiting until El Centro and stopped there. It was good, but not as good as I remember from years gone by. That's cool because now I can appreciate Sonic, whose burgers seem to me now to be better than I-N-O.

Doing little today other than recuperating from the trip. I went 9 hours without a smoke and in truth, it didn't bother me that much. Course, when I got the opportunity to puff I was going like a damned smokestack. But I think if I were in a position where I knew I simply couldn't smoke (hospital, jail, etc.) I could get along fairly well.

More down the line. Busy tweaking this computer today.

No comments: