Sunday, September 6, 2009

Plugging along still

Been several days since I entered anything here and not a lot to report. Still plodding along on the book, although I'm taking the entire weekend off for a breather. But at the 30K mark and hope to be approaching 40,000 by this time next week; that may or may not happen, depending strictly up all the unforeseen shit that crops up in any span of time.

Truth is, I think I still have a tinge of hangover from Friday night's serious partying at the VFW. I haven't drunk any hard liquor in quite some time, but I had a few shots of tequila and Jim Beam with the suds and they didn't go over all that well. It was probably a good reminder to stay away from that stuff.

And no, I wasn't driving and the driver wasn't drinking. I won't say I'll never get thrown into jail again, but I'll say that it damned sure won't be for DUI--especially not on a holiday weekend, when those cops are out swarming like maggots on rotting road kill.

Anyway, it's great to drink somewhere you can still smoke because for me the two go hand in hand. I suppose the dictators will get around to banning it in private clubs sooner or later, they seem obsessed with controlling every moment of our lives nowadays.

(My brother showed up at this point about 2 hours ago and started mowing my yard. I didn't know he was coming but good to get it mowed--though my normal yard man may get pissed, but I've put off calling him because I heard he was sick. Anyway, mowing, trimming and all and while I didn't do much myself, my ass got worn out just out in the sun and heat.

It's beer thirty all of a sudden.)

1 comment:

Jazz said...

Well, it's Thursday and I'm closing in on 34,000, so no way I'll get 40K by Sunday. But no matter, I'm coming along on it. And today I wound up all the research I needed from the newspaper morgue, so I can take those big books back tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll be done with the first draft by the end of the month, probably before. I'll let it sit and cool for a week or two before proceeding with inserts/revisions.