Saturday, September 19, 2009

Finito

I wound up the Brooks book, or at least the first draft, last Wednesday at about 44,000 words. That was a bit sooner and fewer words than I had anticipated, but I decided it was somewhat pointless to go through 8 or 10 appeals hearings because they’re redundant, the same old thing time and again -- I did note one of them in depth and referred to those that came after. It’s actually not a big deal because they can appeal until the freaking cows come home and they will never gain release from prison. There are no grounds for reversal, no grounds for relief. They got a break actually.

I also didn’t have much to say about Deion Harris’ marriage in prison, other than to note it happened. The fool she married is claiming she is innocent and making all sorts of attempts to get her out of prison. They say love is blind -- in this case I’d say it’s also deaf and stupid.

The heartless bitch is right were she deserves to be. No. She should be in the graveyard after taking a ride on “Old Sparky,” which was still in use when those murderous cretins elected to slaughter young Mr. Brooks. In any case, I’ll have no part in promoting her marriage or anything to do with her. If some fool wants to marry the slut that’s his problem. They don’t even have conjugal visits in Tennessee, so he’s SOOL getting some of that nookie.

I'm letting the draft rest for a couple weeks before tackling revisions. In the meantime, I'm revising the "vampire" novel. But today, I'm watching football and will shortly be watching the Vols get their asses kicked in The Swamp.

I might wind up surprised, but I seriously doubt it. No matter. When you're a Vols fan in recent years, you get used to disappointment.

No comments: