Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting off to a good start

The new year apparently got off to a good start yesterday, as I sold 4 murder books on Kindle. Love to do that every day, but don't think that will happen. And, I started the new book, which will also be a true life work about murder and mayhem. That formula seems to work better than anything else I've ever tried book-wise; if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I received a thank you card Saturday from a local woman. I don't know her, but I know that her 13-year-old son was murdered about 12 years ago and the killer has never been caught. She had read my murder book and praised it, and my willingness to not gloss over the screw-ups by authorities. She's obviously not satisfied with the effort law enforcement has made in trying to find the killer of her son; she said she knew who the killer was, but nothing has been done about it. I haven't spoken with her yet, but there might be a book in her situation. It would be very difficult to write, as the case is still listed as open and thus the authorities wouldn't cooperate worth a damn. But I could do it from her point of view and if it made the authorities look bad, that would be their problem.

Meanwhile, waiting to watch Colts cream Titans in the second game today. I hope they do, as a loss (combined with a Jag win) could put the Colts out of the playoffs. Tennessee has nothing to gain by a win.

I doubt a win would save Jeff Fisher's job at this point--Bud Adams' Christmas card bore a pictures of him with his arm around Vince Young, not Fisher. The writing seems to be on the wall there, although Fisher does have one more year on his contract. I doubt that will keep Adams from firing him, probably right after the loss today.

I like Fisher, but the play calling this year has been miserable. All they wanna do is try to run Johnson on the first couple of downs and then pass on third and long. It hasn't been working worth a shit, though CJ does have more than 1,300 yards this season. Nothing like last year for sure.

No comments: