Thursday, January 13, 2011

Foul weather & other considerations

Big blizzard turned out to be pretty much of a bust. Got about an inch and a half to two inches, most of which is disappearing in the sunshine today -- sunny, but high of only 29 expected, so no sudden warm spell.

It was 12 degrees when I got up at 7:30, and may go down into the single digits tonight. I’m sick as hell of this cold weather, but what can you do but suffer through it. At least my gas bill wasn’t as high as dreaded -- only $117, got it yesterday. I was expecting well over $200, so that was a bit of good news.

Haven’t written anymore. Current atmosphere here on the southern front isn’t conducive to doing anything creative. Things aren’t going particularly well on the domestic scene, for a number of reasons I don’t wanna get into here. Suffice to say that this old boy could make some serious changes in the very near future if things don’t improve.

New batch of books I ordered sometime back scheduled to arrive today. Took them long enough to get printed, but I can understand shipping delay because of weather.

I was chatting with Carl Mann the other day and he wants one. Also recently heard from McGinley, one of the circuit judges featured in the book, said he enjoyed the read. I’m not sure if any of the murderers read it -- I got that letter from Harris and she said she hadn’t read it, although her husband has. He damned sure didn’t like it, as I well know from his letters and a phone conversation we had.

Well hell, some folks would complain if you crushed their nuts in a golden vice.

No comments: