Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winding down

A couple more days and the visit is finis. It’s been fun, though I wish I’d brought some warmer clothes for these evenings and for days like this -- another chilly one in the mid-50s, though it’s supposed to warm up about 10 more degrees this afternoon.

Nothing on the agenda today so far as I know. Went to my son’s new home in Brawley last night and had a nice carne asada dinner. Of course, I ate too much. Nothing new there. Tomorrow is a fund-raiser spaghetti dinner and auction, which I’ll probably attend; it’s a church thing, but don’t know if I’ll go to church beforehand or not. Might, might not. May depend more on how I feel. This cold I got last Wednesday is still hanging on, though I feel much better than I did initially.

I brought four cartons of smokes with me (mailed them actually) and near enough to running out that I bought a carton of Marlboros yesterday. Normally, in three weeks I’d smoke six cartons, so I’ve cut back a bit. Got the Marlboros for a little over $40, which is cheaper than Tennessee prices. They don’t compare to the taste of my America Gold, however, and I’d hate to know I had to smoke them from now on.

Picked up the biggest flat-rate box at the post office yesterday. Monday, I’ll pack up my cameras, chargers and cords and a few things and put them in the mail. They should arrive home Wednesday, the day after I get there.

Weather forecast for Tuesday in Tennessee is rain in the evening turning to possible freezing rain after midnight. My flight arrives in Nashville at 8:30 pm and I’m hoping the freezing crap holds off until I can get home around 11 or so. Be a bitch to drive than far on an ice-coated road. Nearly impossible, in fact, although it has to get pretty bad to shut down Interstate 40.

Oh well. Whatever. Take it as it comes.

No comments: