Monday, February 28, 2011

That's the way it goes: first your money and then your clothes

Well, lived through the two recent bouts of tornadoes and bad weather, the last this morning. It sure as hell wasn’t as bad today as a few nights ago, when there was hardly a county in West Tennessee that wasn’t under a warning at some point; the front covered the whole state north to south and had tornadoes embedded all the way up and down as it progressed east. Getting close to springtime in Dixie, that’s for damned sure. And the weather lets you understand that fully. It was about 70 early this morning, but the passage of the front has brought temp way down so that it’s chilly now. But, supposed to warm back up to mid-60s tomorrow, I think.

Gwen’s landlord has advised her that she must start spending at least half-time at her apartment, or the lease will be broken and she will be evicted. I think that’s horseshit, but there are provisions such as one must advise management immediately of leaks and such so as to avoid extensive damage. Anyway, brought her over here Saturday and she’s going home Wednesday. I’ll probably stay a day or so over there, maybe just overnight. The situation demands that I get the old beater running again; been parked in drive with a dead battery last few months, since we’ve been using her van.

Spending a bit of time alone may wind up being productive in the long haul. I can’t write when someone is around, too much noise and confusion. And I do want to write a couple more books before I check out. Not planning to check out any time soon, but then you never know.

Thank God, the most expensive time of year has passed. Everything comes due at same time: house and car insurance, county and city property tax, domain fees. I let Jim Chandler.net go, screw it. TS domain will come due early in April and I’ll likely keep it another year, but will later buy another domain at a more reasonable price.

I’d advise anybody to avoid that damned NoMonthlyFees.com outfit; they sure as hell haven’t lived up to the agreement made about a decade ago when I first acquired my domains from them. And very little space for the price they’re now charging, although they’re drawing in new suckers at a lower fee than what we old customers are expected to pay. Down the road, the new suckers will get stuck as well.

No comments: