Friday, October 22, 2010

Not much happening

Haven't posted in some time. Not much going on and I've felt poorly of late. Same old same old, breathing problems foremost among them. I suspect part of that is caused by this drought and all the pollen that has collected on everything because of it. But some rain predicted for tomorrow and slated to extend into late next week might take care of that, if it happens. I wouldn't bet the farm on it. . . if I had a farm.

I'd planned to start on another book by now, but haven't. Just don't have the motivation at this point. Not sure when I will have. Or maybe IF I will have, I should add. I had also planned to have the back room cleaned out by now and that hasn't been done either. Again, no motivation. It's so much easier to just sit here on my ass and browse the Internet. Or watch TV. Haven't been reading either.

I gave splake the option to retrieve some of these publisher's copies of his books that I have--on his nickle, of course. He responded with enough to acquire 4 of those largest flat rate USPS boxes, so sometimes next week I'll load those up and get them in the mail. I'm sure that won't take them all and the rest will go into the trash bin, unless someone wants to pay postage for them. Course, I'm keeping a copy of each, since I edited/published them. But I don't need a ton of them and truth is, I have yet to sell the first copy of any one of them.

Must go to Camden this afternoon for Gwen's doctor appointment. Only good point about that is I'll pass right by the liquor store in Bruceton. Be surprised if that van doesn't make a turn there.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

I guess the Rev. Jimmy Lee will be preaching the gospel at the Bruceton liquor store. You should drive to the Paris Winery as they have some great wine.

Jazz said...

I may have mumbled a Hail Mary or two over that 1.75 jug of bourbon I acquired. *L

Haven't been up to winery, but friend has and he said all the wine he's bought up there has been too sweet.