Friday, July 23, 2010

Heat wave & more

Got that freaking painting finished up yesterday afternoon. Only problem was the stooping/sitting required; actually, the getting back in an upright position after that was the problem, since the old joints and bones don't work like they used to. But things look much better with a fresh coat of paint. Maybe when cool weather comes I'll do more general painting around the house.

Hot as hell again -- we're under another heat warning and it's expected to continue through the weekend and probably most of next week. As luck would have it, Gwen has a doctor's appointment in Camden at 2:15 this afternoon, so I'll get to enjoy the warmth. My sister and her daughter and family will be in sometime this afternoon about that time. [Change in plan. Gwen called and canceled appointment today, reset for 10:30 Monday.]

We're having a big get-together out at brother Jerry's Sunday, sort of a combined birthday celebration for me and him. Sunday will be his BD, 62nd I think. We're all getting old -- which is what happens if you live long enough. (Inane babble, that.) Way my breathing has deteriorated the last few weeks, figure I'll be damned lucky to see 70.

No comments: